The Malle ‘Expedition Jacket’ is the perfected motorcycle expedition jacket. It’s the culmination of several years of blood, sweat and tears – with a 10,000 mile (37 day) test expedition incorporated into the design process. We collaborated with a designer/engineer for the U.S Navy Seals' jackets to create the most durable and innovative garment, that will only get better with age.
Each unisex 'Expedition Jacket' is hand made in our workshop from British 10oz waxed cotton. The quality, innovation, craftsmanship and build can’t get any higher.
- The Expedition Jacket is water resistant with triple layered seams throughout. We sell Malle Wax which you can use, or we can do the re-waxing for you in 10 years time.
- Fitted with Knox, CE approved micro lock armour – the perfect balance of performance, comfort and safety – giving the rider the highest level of safety, technology and peace of mind. Easily removed when you’re not riding.
- The tight weave oiled cotton creates a fully windproof barrier to prevent heat loss by wind exposure. In higher temperatures the brass poppers allow the jacket to stay closed while zips are open allowing air to flow through the jacket.
- Kevlar is added in key abrasion points so that if the outer fabric layer is compromised by a rough/long skid, the kevlar will prevent skin contact with the ground, reinforced by quilting, for additional padding.
- Strong, lightweight and breathable. The fully Waterproof 10 oz oiled cotton makes it strong while providing protection from UV and dirt. Performance suede lined collars and cuffs, with an organic cotton twill lining throughout.
- Available in all sizes from ‘Small to XX-Large’ with 3 key adjustment points for comfort and extra heat retention. The 2 cinch flaps on the waist to give a tighter fit and it has an adjustable storm flap around the neck/collar. The cuffs have dual poppers for an adjustable fit.
- Comfort. The light weight breathable organic cotton interior is soft on the skin and easily washable. The performance-suede on the cuffs and collar is velvety soft, yet extremely durable. The armour plating is flexible when riding (hardens on impact) and easily removable.
- The love handles. Two discreet handles engineered into the side chest pockets of the jacket. Triple stitched to the structural interior seams of the garment, enabling the motorcycle passenger to firmly hold onto something, protecting their hands from the wind and the rain. Smart, safe and considered.
- There’s never enough storage on a motorcycle, so the jacket needed to solve this too. A large zippered pocket is engineered into the back of the jacket, to hold larger items like maps, papers, a loaf of bread or whatever you might need to quickly stash away behind you.
- The Expedition Jacket has 9 large pockets to keep all of this stored, protected and organised. Each of the outer pockets are built into the main body of the jacket, making it more waterproof and streamlined.