Unlock the full potential of your ebike!
- You will ride faster and experience the thrills of owning a derestricted ebike - you will love the difference!
- Install it effortlessly - easy and fast installation!
- Feel safe for your e-bike and warranty- it's safe for ebike and undetectable to keep your warranty safe!
Quick and Easy installation!
- No interference with electrical components! Mechanical tuning!
- Fully undetectable!
- Get after-sales support from us and 1 year warranty from NLS
The bike feels completely different once derestricted - it's just like a whole different bike! The rides are so much more fun now! Tuning kits are safe to your bike and every ebiker should have one installed! You will love riding your ebike with it - guaranteed!
Matt - Owner of Two Wheels Empire
Frequently Asked Questions
To make it silent, take your time to read the installation instructions thoroughly as it has simply been pushed on too hard, causing too much friction between the cover and backing plate, we aim for a very slight gap between the components. Please note that it's normal to have a little bit of noise in the beginning while things bed in. This will go away after the first ride. Do not add any lubricant to lessen the noise. Lubricant will just gunk it up and attract contaminants.
We highly recommend not applying any form of lubricant on the unit, as the Acetal plastic is self lubricating, any lubricant will just gunk it up and attract contaminants.
The SPEEDi is made from Acetal plastic which is self lubricating, which means you don't need to add any lubricants (see above)
Generally, there is no need to clean the SPEEDi. When installed correctly, the tight seal tolerances keep out most dirt and water - there may be some very fine particles that get in, but these shouldn't affect performance. There's no harm in opening it up once in a while to make sure it's looking good and clean it up, but it's not required.
1. Remove the rear wheel.
2. Clean the disc and end cap from all contamination.
3. Remove the 6x disc bolts and magnet and set aside (somewhere safe).
4. Place the disc onto the hub, then the Backing Plate on to the disc, then install 6x new Bolts to 5-6nm with Blue Threadlocker.
(if your bike uses the Shimano black aluminium disc with 3x bolt anti-rotate shims, re-install these shims) IMPORTANT Make sure the heads of the bolts are BELOW the surface of the Backing Plate.
5. Place the Magnet inside the Backing Plate and engage the teeth.
6. Take your time during the final install, make sure everything is very clean for a long and prosperous life.
7. For silent operation we aim to leave a .1mm gap between the Cover and the Backing Plate:
7.1 Gently press the Cover onto the end cap with thumb pressure only, rotating as you go. This is supposed to be a very tight fit, so will take some pressure to get it on. WARNING! Press as close to the center as possible, do not put ANY pressure on the outer edge of the cover OR hit it with any tool, or it will break.
7.2 HOT TIP - soak the Cover in hot water (not boiling) for 10 seconds, this makes the plastic slightly larger and more malleable.
7.3 As the Cover engages the last 2mm, the teeth need to line up so you will need to rotate the Cover slightly to allow easy engagement. Using a socket that fits over the axle and gently pressing it with your palm is a good way to install easily, be careful not to press it on too hard though, as this will likely make it noisy.
7.4 Continue to press the Cover closer until you see a very small gap of around .1mm between the Backing Plate and Cover. You can test how close it is by pushing the outer edge of the Cover toward the Backing Plate and seeing how much it moves.
8. Rotate the axle to make sure it spins freely and perfectly straight. Try pressing the hub end cap toward the hub and rotating, listening for excessive noise, as the wheel bearings may have play in them that can affect the offset when the axle is done up tight.
9. There may be some slight plastic on plastic noise as the sealing faces gently touch each other, make sure this noise is not excessive, if anything sounds or feels off, pry it off completely (see uninstallation below) and re-install.
10. Install the wheel gently into the frame, careful not to impact the unit or sensor.
11. When tightening the axle - make sure there is always a slight gap between the unit and the sensor/frame at all times.
12. Please note that for the first 5 minutes of use the unit may make some groovy noise, this is normal and will run smooth and silently after its initial bedding in. If it continues to make excess noise, try uninstalling (see below) and reinstalling following Step 7 closely.
Please note that the operation of this type of modified electric bikes on public roads may be against the law in some countries. The manufacturer takes no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of NLS products. Electric bikes equipped with NLS products are not allowed to be used on public roads, cycling paths and public places. Electric bikes equipped with NLS products can be used exclusively on private property and entirely at one’s own risk. The use of NLS products may void the warranty of your ebike.
We strongly recommend using other safety features and protective gear to prevent injuries in higher speeds.
NLS products are thoroughly tested and we stand by their quality - NLS provides 1 year warranty to all their products.
What Our Clients Say About It?
Who Are We?
From Riders to Riders
In Two Wheels Empire, we trust in innovation, premium quality and sustainability - that's what our business is about. Feel assured all our ebike products are carefully selected and we stand by them: if it's on offer here at Two Wheels Empire - it's been tested and selected by our team. Riders working with us are here to help you enjoy your ebike rides!
We are here to build an Empire, of people who strive for freedom, thrills and adventure, it's about time to make the best of your rides!